Website Development is a process for creating a new website or implementing changes to one already in use, e.g. adding a significant new section to a live site.
In simple terms, the process represents a framework within which all
activities—from inception to review (and eventual demise, if necessary)—can take place.
There are 8 steps in the development process.
- Planning: Decide why you want a website and what to create.
- Content: Create a list of the content you want.
- Design: Create a design for displaying the content.
- Construction: Write the code and load up your content.
- Test: Make sure everything works properly.
- Hosting: Choose a domain name & find a place to put your site on the internet.
- Publicity: Build traffic via publicity the site.
- Review the site at intervals it to make sure it succeeds.